This is a must-listen episode for anyone contemplating a career shift, But even if you’re not necessarily looking for a new job right now, this conversation will be highly relevant to anyone trying to live a life of greater purpose and meaning.
Dr. Elizabeth Campbell, better known to her clients and students as “Dr. Bethy,” is a clinical psychologist, a marriage and family therapist, with special expertise and certification in career development counseling. I know you’ll appreciate the resonance between the approach we take in this podcast toward working on behavior change and her approach to career counseling.
Things to listen for
- How long you’re likely to be happy in your current job, according to research
- Finding the courage to leave a dream job, when you realize it’s not your dream.
- Where to start with your career explorations
- Why your idea of who you are (and what you want) may be out of date
- Re-invention vs Re-alignment
- How False Expectations of Risk (FEAR) can keep us stuck
- How micro-steps can help you gain clarity (and courage)
- The peril of expecting your job to make you happy
- Thinking beyond work that earns money
Mentioned in this Episode
Episode #51: Habits and Identity
Episode #33: Aligned Actions
50K Tuneup Series: Navigation System