We’ve reached the final part of our tuneup. Before we head back out on to the road, we need to check our filters and shock absorbers.
- You can’t say yes to everything–and if you don’t choose what you are saying yes (and no) to, someone (or something) else probably will.
- Setting (and maintaining) boundaries with friends family, and co-workers isn’t selfish. It’s the key to healthy relationships (and your own sanity).
- Remember that things DON’T go according to plan more often than they DO. Make the best plan you can but then be prepared to be flexible and creative.
- Over-correcting when you veer off course wastes a lot of energy–and often makes future corrections necessary.
- Don’t go it alone. Find (or build) your support network–and don’t forget to tell them how they can support you.