The power of planning (it’s not what you think)!
In this episode, we talk about how to make a plan that will allow you to turn a goal into reality.
Your plan is your map. Without your map, you may make it to your destination but it will take a long time and you will expend a lot more energy and frustration getting there.
Then comes the backup plan! Which isn’t planning for failure (like some people see it) it is counting on it and being ready for it!
Main points in this episode:
- Bridging the Intention/Behavior Gap (It’s not just you; everybody struggles with this).
- Action Planning: Anticipating how, when, where you will perform the steps. What do you need to put in place?
- Coping Planning (just as important but no-one ever talks about it). Anticipating the ways in which things may not go according to plan and being prepared to adapt.
- A goal without a plan is just a wish.
- Things never go according to plan
- Your objective is the destination. Your goal is a vehicle to carry you closer. Your plan is the map. Prepare for detours.